If you don’t know already, I’m asian and I need rice! The first time I went on a Paleo Diet, I almost killed everyone in my path. Yes. It’s that serious. So when I heard about Cauliflower Fried Rice from my dear friend Stacee, it was like heaven shined the holy light. In my opinion, the cauliflower rice doesn’t taste like rice at all. It doesn’t have the same texture, but both are bland and they look similar. This is where I get psychological y’all. If it looks like rice, and if I mix a bunch of ingredients to it to make it taste like fried rice, then it’s fried rice.
The best part about making Cauliflower Fried Rice? You can add your own ingredients to the recipe! Like rice, cauliflower will taste good with just about anything. Isn’t that the Best-est?
Let’s get started…
1. Rinse and cut your cauliflower down to smaller pieces. Let the cauliflower dry for a bit and place them in your food processor. If you don’t have a food processor, you can start cutting right now. It’s going to take you a while, but hey, we all lived the college life before. Anything is possible if you have the will and an empty wallet.
2. Pulse until you get small itty bitty pieces that look similar to rice. THURR IT IS.. Cauliflower rice! Easy enough! Now for the fun part!
3. Add onions in a pan and let it sweat. Then you can add your meat. I used Trader Joe’s Chicken Sausages.
4. After the meat is semi- cooked, add the your vegetables, and cauliflower rice. I kept it simple, but you can add peas, carrots, green onions, basil, tomato, etc. Use your favorite ingredients! There’s no judgement here.
5. Add your seasoning and sauces. I used S&P, smoked paprika, and a splash of coconut amino (tastes like ponzu).
6. After the vegetables are cooked, add your eggs. This is optional of course, but it really makes the dish POP.
7. This is where you pour the “cock sauce” or Siracha. Dig in!