BabyCakes NYC Gluten Free Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies in your own home! I love them forever for giving out their recipe! You know those days… you just want a damn cookie! And its midnight! (Hormone imbalance alert! or you just HANGRY ) Now we can ALL make these delicious cookies when time gets rough. ;D
You can also find the recipe in Bobs Red Mill’s website, listed below.
I used Bobs Red Mill’s gluten free All Purpose flour and Sprouted Oat Flour by Bulk Apothecary in the cookies shown above. Both Bobs Red Mill’s and Bulk Apothecary worked out fine. I just didn’t have Bob’s on hand. Like how we’re on a first name basis? We’re homies, Bob just doesn’t know it yet.
You can also pour regular old fashion oats in the blender and blend to a flour consistency! It’ll save you money and a trip to the market!
- 1-1/2 cups Gluten Free Oat Flour
- 1 cup GF All Purpose Baking Flour
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1/4 cup Flaxseed Meal
- 1/4 cup Arrowroot Starch
- 1-1/2 tsp Xanthan Gum
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Salt * I used a full tsp of salt and I found it too salty. In my 2nd batch I baked it with 1/2 tsp of Salt and it worked*
- 3/4 cup Coconut Oil +2 tbsp, melted, refined (or Canola Oil)
- 6 Tbsp Applesauce unsweetened
- 2 Tbsp Gluten Free Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup Chocolate Chips (gluten free, dairy free) * I prefer Enjoy Life’s Vegan Chocolate Chips*
Preheat the oven to 325°F. Line 2 rimmed baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
In a medium bowl, whisk together the flours, sugar, flaxseed meal, arrowroot starch, xanthan gum, baking soda and salt. Add the coconut oil, applesauce, and vanilla and stir with a rubber spatula until a thick dough forms. Stir in the chocolate chips until evenly distributed.
Then I added the ‘whisked’ wet ingredients into the dry.
*Mixed it together with my whisk and hands.
Drop the dough by the tablespoonful onto the prepared baking sheets, about 1-1/2 inches apart.
Bake for 7 minutes, rotate the baking sheets, and bake for 7 minutes more, or until the cookies are golden brown and firm. Let stand on the baking sheets for 15 minutes before eating.
Makes 36 cookies.
BABYCAKES NYC IN LOS ANGELES!
- 236 North Larchmont Blvd,
- Los Angeles, CA 90004